Friday, March 2, 2018

Welcome to the Thunderdome


Hey, hi, hello, welcome to my mental health blog. My name is Kayla and I was first diagnosed with major depressive disorder when I was 13. Over the last 16 years, I have gone through a myriad of treatments, medications, and therapy. With the help of a lot of introspection and seemingly endless practice, I have learned how to cope with my disease. This blog is going to be about mental health, antidepressants, awkward conversations with therapists, and overall recovery. I won't pretend to be an expert, everything on this blog is strictly my opinion, almost always backed up by experience, and often backed up by super neat medical science stuff. Anyway, I hope you enjoy what I post here, I'll try at the very least to be entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. I think this will be a great blog. Many people struggle with mental illnesses, but never talk about it or seek help. I've met a lot of people who struggle with PTSD and say talking about it, was very beneficially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i struggle dealing with PTSD, but i never talk about it. i am sure it will be a good blog.

    ReplyDelete